Friday, July 06, 2007

A Project of Love

One of things that I have put off and put off is to scan all of my father photographs and scrapbook from his military days. But now that I am retired I hope that I can find the time to chronicle what I know of his military service.

I know that he entered the Army Reserve some time after he graduated from RPI in 1933 and later he transferred to the National Guard. He was in the 242nd Coastal Artillery unit.
Here are a couple of newspaper photos of the unit training on Fisher Island at Ft Wright (circa 1939/1940)




My father is on the right in both pictures.


I hope to keep up this labor of love until I have all of their photos and memorabilia is scanned and burned on a DVD so I can pass it along to their great grandchildren.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a wonderful project! You are so fortunate to have these articles and photos.

    ReplyDelete