Sunday, July 15, 2007

A Mixed Weekend

I just got back from the weekend at the cottage with some friends. On Saturday the weather was fantastic no humidity, sunny and high temperature was around 75F. most of us went in for a swim and we also paddled around the lake in kayaks and a canoe. I got a slight sunburn from being out in the sun all day even with a suntan lotion of SPF 45. Today in the morning I went kayaking and then thunder storms moved in during the afternoon with hail and high winds. We lost power at the cottage just before we were leaving and they had a road closed due to the downed power line.
I think we probably each gained ten pounds from my cooking: Saturday morning I made blueberry pancake, for dinner I cooked a pork tenderloin on the grill, rice pilaf and a salad ( lettuce, walnuts, cranberries, apple, Gorgonzola cheese and raspberry vignette) and this morning we had omelets with onion, peppers, ham, cheese and tomatoes.




When I got home I checked the mail and my new credit card was there and I looked at the card and saw they also changed my last name. Aggh! So I called them up and told them they should not have changed my last name only my first name but the operator had a hard time believing that I was Diana and she transferred me to security. After talking to him, I think I got him to understand, I had to tell him that I am trans, so I shall see if I get a new card or not or if the put a hold on my card. When I called them up last week, I talked to someone who had a heavy Indian accent and he had a hard time understanding me and I had a hard time understanding him.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Di,
    Yes, Ma'am!!! The food was awesome (Thanks!!!) and Saturday was indeed a day from Heaven!!!! I think I only gained 5 lbs but then again i usually stick to my "Lady Portions'!!! Hee hee!!!
    Thanks again and have a great week!!!
    Luvs,
    Deja
    PS Nice smiles on your kayak photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos, and WOW--sounds like fabulous food. 'Tis the month for gaining weight, I guess.

    RE your card: Please tell me they didn't change your last name to Diana??

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, they didn't do that. They switched around the vowels and came up with a weird spelling of my name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The food sounds divine and the kayaking photos are great. I really want to get one again soon.

    I can't believe the mess-up on your credit card. I hope it gets straightened out soon.

    ReplyDelete