Monday, July 30, 2007

Manic Monday

Manic Monday; July 30, 2007

Quick! Off the top of your head list 4 words to describe you today, just as you are right now. (It could be thinking, feeling, looking, etc.- use your imagination.)
Newspaper
Mail
Errands
Groceries
Amended 7/31/07: I guess these four words best describe me because being retired my world is slowly turning into a routine. Get up in the morning trudge out to get the paper and read in over breakfast, then write checks for any bills I have to pay, get the mail and run errands in the afternoon or get groceries. I try to break up the routine by going out to lunch we friends or helping out a various non-profits organizations.

If you had an extra hour in your day today what would you do?
Oh, I have no idea; now that I am retired I really do not need an extra hour.

When is the last time you got lost and what happened?
The last time I felt lost was I was in Washington DC this spring. The building were so tall I couldn’t see the sun so I had no idea which direction the HRC offices were and which direction we had to go to get there when we got out of the subway. For me it was weird because I have a very good sense of direction and the subway confused my sense of direction and not seeing the sun for a reference made it hard to sense which direction we were going.

4 comments:

  1. How are you enjoying your retirement so far? It must be nice to have time to get so many things done!

    My sense of direction is horrible, especially in a new town. I was lost so many times last week.

    Thanks for playing along and hope your Monday is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your retirment.

    There's nothing worse than being lost. You feel so vunerable, you know?

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a horrible sense of direction...especially in New Orleans where directions are skewed because of the river.

    ReplyDelete
  4. DC would be a fun city to get lost in, it seems. Unless you've got something specific to do it seems like you'd end up at some landmark or other if you just kept going.

    :-)
    ~Allison

    ReplyDelete