Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Create a Connection

Getting to Know You Day; Where are You?

Deb's questions:

It's a summer holiday and you've been invited to a big family-and-friends potluck celebration. What would you bring? (Feel free to share the recipe if it's super-good!)


I would like to bring the potato salad and the recipe is my mother’s…

* 6 Medium boiling potatoes (2 lbs)
* 1 1/2 Cups mayonnaise
* 1/4 cup Sweet Relish
* 1/4 cup Sugar
* 1 Small onion

It is the sweet relish and the sugar that makes it special.

Once you're there at this imaginary holiday party, how would you spend most of your time?
Talking to friends and relatives, and also helping out.

the person in charge of music is taking requests. What song would you like to hear? Would you get up and dance to it or just sit back and listen?
We usual do not play music at family gatherings

They're having fireworks! Would you enjoy them or endure them? Would you help set them off or sit back and watch?
In my younger life I use to like to shot them off, but now, I just watch. One time I helped out a professional pyrotechnics person set up the display and I got to sit right by the control panel.

It's getting late and the party is breaking up. Would you be one of the first to leave, or the last person the host is pushing out the door, or somewhere in between?
It depends on where the party is and if I have to drive any distance to get back home. It also depends on when is it breaking up, 9:00, 10:00, 11:00 or later. If it is around 9:00 and I don’t have to drive a good distance, I will stay around to help clean-up.

Holly's Questions:

Being as Canada and the US have such close birthdays (July 1 for Canada) here's a couple questions for you
1) What is your most memorable birthday? Tell us what you remember, your feelings, why it stands out in your mind.

When I was little my mother always use to make Lobster Newberg on my birthday and
my brother the year my father died inviting me up to their condo in Maine on my birthday and they surprised me with Lobster Newberg.

2) What is the best gift you've received for your birthday?
I don’t know, it has been many years since I got a real present (Other than clothes.) for my birthday.

3) How do you celebrate July 4 or July 1?
Normally with a party, but for some reason this year everyone was busy. Maybe next year I will have a party.

4) What do you value most about where you live? What do you do to show your appreciation? If you've never thought about it, what could you do to show your appreciation?
Living in a “Blue State”; in many other states my transition might have been a lot harder or deadlier.
I do volunteer work to help make the next generation’s lives of trans-youth easier.

1 comment: