Friday, June 29, 2007

A Very Emotional Day!

Today was my last day at work and the first day of living full time.
At work there were a lot of tears and hugs and goodbyes, I was almost crying the full time as I walked around the shop saying my goodbyes. Most of us have worked together for over twenty years and we are like a family. I will miss everyone but not the company.

Also I went to the nursing home for the first time as Diana and my aunt’s reaction to seeing me was mixed. At first she asked “Why am I doing this?” and “I don’t like you like this.” After awhile she start to talking to me on other subjects but asked questions now and then about why I am doing this. She also asked about me hair a couple of times. The nursing home administrator was talking to her before I came, so that helped a little. My aunt seemed, I wouldn’t say alright with it, but OK with it when I was leaving and wanted to know when I was coming again.
She did not want the picture and she made a face when I offered it a second time.
So I guess I just have to see how she does with it in the future.

To celebrate my new freedom and got two more holes added to my head. I went to the mall and got my ears pierced for the first time.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure it was hard to do this first visit. Give her time to adjust.

    Now you can do ear ring shopping!

    ReplyDelete