Thursday, June 07, 2007

Only Twenty-two More Days Until My Retirement

Not like I am counting or anything like that.
I just got my name change form from the Probate Court web-site. All I have to do is full out the form and pay $150. The form is quite simple; old name and address, new name and swear that you are not changing your name for fraudulent reasons. Then they put a legal notice in the newspaper for one week (I am a little nervous about that, someone from work might see it if they read the legal notices), after that you see the judge and it’s done.
That is the easy part, and then fun part (sic) is going around to the Social Security office, motor vehicle office, town hall to change my property deeds (both here and in New Hampshire), insurance form (Hmmm… I wonder is my insurances rates will go down now that I will have an “F” on my drivers license?), banks, etc. And it has to be done in a certain order; the motor vehicle office needs to see your Social Security card and the banks need to see your driver license. It is a good thing that I will be retired because it is going to take awhile to get everything done.
Luckily, in Connecticut I can change my gender marker on my driver license at the same time as I change my name as long as I have my letter from my psychologist.

1 comment:

  1. Lots of running around, but so worth it! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete