Saturday, June 30, 2007

Getting To Know You

Dialog Friday - Independence Day

Has there been a pivotal time in your life when you declared independence (even if just to yourself)? Independence from a job that was sucking the life out of you? Independence from a bad habit finally dropped? Independence from a toxic relationship?

Yesterday (Friday) was my Independence Day
I am free from working for a living.
I am free to be myself.
On Friday I got laid off and I am taking early retirement. I have already started going back to college to get my Masters so that I can better help the non-profit agencies that I do volunteer work with. I want to give back to the community what I have taking out of the community.
Because I do not have to worry about work, I am beginning my transition (Living full time as Diana) today and to celebrate I went and had my ears pieced. Kind of a “Right of Passage”

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you as you start this new chapter of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo! That is a huge independence day, indeed.

    Enjoy your new (in many ways) life. I love that you think of giving back. That's beautiful and I wish you all the luck in the world!

    Thanks for participating. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Layoff - not so good. Retirement and transition - very, VERY good! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete