Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Save Our History!

I just finished writing a term paper on the history of the transgender movement in Connecticut and the formation of the Anti-Discrimination Coalition. One of the problems I had in researching the paper is that nothing is written so I had to rely on interviews.
As Director of the Connecticut Outreach Society I get newsletters from other regional and national groups, in the past we used to give them away to our members. But now I instituted a policy of donating them to a local college for their GLBT archives and other GLBT organizations are also donating their papers.
The papers are being donated to the Canon Clinton Jones Papers Archives which is located in the Special Collections Rare Book Room of the Elihu Burritt Library of Central Connecticut State University. The Reverend Canon Clinton Jones was an Episcopal priest who ministered to the GLBT community and you can read more about him here.

No comments:

Post a Comment