Sunday, May 06, 2007

Northampton Pride Festival



What the Pride Festival means to me is a chance of meeting old friends that I maybe see only three or four times a year. It is a time for the gathering of the “Tribe”, most of the trans-people there I have meet or someone I know someone who knows them. It is a great time for networking, I meet with some friends from the Massachusetts Transgender Political Coalition (MTPC) and we compared notes on where we stand with the passage of Connecticut and Massachusetts Anti-discrimination legislations. It is a time to sample the various food vendors booths. It is a time to wander around to the various booths looking at jewelry and other typical fair type of merchandise only most of the items here have gay motif. I only bought one rainbow button that has “Ally” on it for a friend at work that I came out to last week.

One of the acts at the festival was a group of women who were playing drums, all different styles of drums from bongo drums to bass drums. They were excellent.

1 comment:

  1. Congradulations Diana! Thanks for vicariously sharing:-)
    ~ Jennifer

    ReplyDelete