Monday, March 05, 2007

Manic Monday

16 days until spring and counting!

What is your favorite part of spring? Your least favorite?
All the flowers in bloom and the smell of the Lilac outside my bedroom window. The least favorite thing about spring is mud, the yard gets all mushy and you can walk around on it.

It’s Severe Weather Preparedness Week this week. What’s the most severe weather event you’ve experienced?
Hurricanes, I’ve been through a couple of them; ’55, ’57, Gloria in ’85 and a few other minor one since then. Also snowstorms can get pretty severe, I remember the storm of ’78 we got over two feet of snow and was without power for several days.

Daylight Savings Time begins next Sunday, three weeks earlier than in previous years. How do you feel about DST? Love it, hate it or couldn’t care less? I couldn’t care less; it takes me a long time for my body to get use to it, usually until September. What I don’t like is that they moved it up three weeks, all my electronics that automatically change; I will have to do it manually twice. Once this weekend and once three weeks from now when I will have to move it back again

3 comments:

  1. I was squishing around in the mud in my backyard this morning. I don't like it either, but it's better than the snow we had.

    It takes my body a while to get used to the time change too. My sleep schedule will be off for quite some time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diana,
    Lilacs are my favorite flowers. They don't grow here though. I remember the sweet smell wafting through the open window and the big beautiful I would put around the house.
    I remember we used to call the time before Spring-Mud season. LOL.
    Have a wonderful Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa,
    Stopped by to say hello and then I read my previous post.
    I forgot to add a word to my prevoius post. What I was trying to say was...the big beautiful bouquets I would put around the house. Geesh!
    Anyhow, I looked through your photo album. The photos are just beautiful. I rememeber, I remember the beauty that is New England.

    ReplyDelete