Sunday, February 04, 2007

By The Way Sunday


In day to day life there are so many little moments that touch us.
By the way...
Do you have a recent touching moment to share?


It is not recent but it is one that sticks in my memory.
I do a lot outreach (speaking engagements) at local colleges and universities to classes that most of the students are psychology majors. I was standing in line at a restaurant waiting for our table and this young woman comes up to me and tells me; “You probably don’t remember me, but you spoke in our Human Sexuality class and now I have a transsexual client. Because of what I learned in class that day I knew how to relate to her.”
Every time I think of what she said, it gives me a warm glow to know that in some small way you have help to make someone else’s life a little easier.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Diana,
    I know that comment made you feel wonderful. It is always nice to feel you've helped someone. Thanks for participating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That was a great thing. Imagine the people you don't know of that you helped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana, this is a really wonderful thing. You've changed more things than you may realize.

    ReplyDelete