Friday, November 10, 2006

FOUR FOR FRIDAY

Q1 - Iraq: On Monday, British Prime Minister Tony Blair said he opposed the death penalty for former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein but that his trial had reminded the world of the deposed leader's brutality. Even if Hussein loses his appeal and dies on the gallows, it probably will have little effect on the future of Iraq, experts say. What do you think...should Saddam Hussein's death penalty be carried out, and if so, what kind of impact do you think it will have in the U.S. action in Iraq?
I normally do not believe in the death penalty, but this is hard to say no to. There is no doubt that he is guilty of mass murder, but will his death be revenge or justice? Also his death may make him a martyr. So my vote is no, I would give him life with no parole.

Q2 - College: If you went to college, did you learn more from the social or academic aspects of the experience? If you didn't go to college, do you wish you had?
I was in college to keep out of the draft. My major was electrical engineering so I was what you might call today a Geek, but at the same time I was also a hippie who did just about every drug going on weekends. However, I am going back to college and this time I will be more aware of the social aspects of college.

Q3 - Life and Religion: A friend's teenage son recently said that one of the problems he has with fundamental religion is that it teaches that we are all bad and that we are only going to be rewarded if we make all the right choices and do all the right things. He then said, "Life isn't the test; it's a time for learning." Your thoughts?
I believe that he is one hundred percent right. We all make mistakes; it is how we fix our mistakes that count. I do not believe that God is a malice God but a benevolent God.

Q4 - Whodunit: If you could solve any unsolved crime in history (or prove with certainty that a particular crime was incorrectly solved, and resolve it), which one would you choose?
Either who killed Kennedy or King, what is the real truth in the killings. Do they act alone or we there others involved?

No comments:

Post a Comment