Saturday, September 30, 2006

Shop Till You Drop

As many of you know I am the Director of a support group, well we asked our members “What do you want?” and the answer came back “a shopping trip”. So another Board member and I put together a “Shopping Trip” to Northampton MA. and we said we would meet at a commuter parking lot off of I-91. So we waited and we waited and nobody else showed up, so the two of us went shopping.
First stop was an alterative bookstore where I bought two books, “Hello Cruel World: 101 Alternatives to Suicide for Teens, Freaks and Other Outlaws” by Kate Bornstein and “Transgender Rights” edited by Currah, Juang and Minter. After the bookstore we wandered up and down Main St. stopping at several shops along the way. I bought a white embroidered gauze top (Fantasia Fair is having a “Sixties Dance” and I figured I would wear that top, a teal tiered broomstick skirt, a scarf around my head and love beads). My friend spotted a maroon spaghetti strap dress with a slit up one side is a store window. We went to dinner at the Northampton Brewery and while we were eating she said she had to back to try on the dress. So after dinner we marched back up the hill to the store and she tried on the dress, she looked fantastic in it. So she bought it and all the way back to the commuter parking she kept saying she couldn’t believe how much she spent on the dress, that was more than she paid for her daughters high school prom dress.
Well we did shop until we dropped, now I am going to take a nice long hot bath.

1 comment:

  1. Well girlfriend I had a fun time shopping but I don't think I can afford to go with you that often as I apparently succumb to words of encouragement! But all joking aside I am fortunate to have a friend like you and since we are both very busy I enjoy when we get the opportunity to spend time together. Hugs, Gina :)

    ReplyDelete