Sunday, September 10, 2006

More of Those Silly Little Quizzes

From Patrick’s Weekender Blog


Five For Saturday

1. How do you feel about a National ID card to replace individual state driver's licenses?

I am totally against it. I think it should be up to the states to determine what the criteria are for their driver licenses. Being transgender, I do not want the federal government telling the states what constitutes a male or female let the states define it. Also, having the requirement that you need to show a notarized copy of your birth certificate creates an undo burden on some people. I know of a woman whose pocketbook was stolen and in order to get a new driver’s license she needed a notarized copy of her birth certificate. Where she was born they require her to be there in person with ID so she had to fly out there to get a copy. However in order to fly she needed her driver’s licenses.

2. Where's the most embarrassing place you've ever fallen asleep?
At work during a meeting.

3. How long does it take you, when looking at someone for the first time, to determine whether or not you are really attracted to the person?
Not long initially, but I want to get to know them first as a person.

4. Take the quiz: What kind of drunk are you?
I don’t drink to get drunk.

5. When is the last time you were really drunk?
Thirty-two years ago when I was in college.
6. What caused the condition: Alcohol or something else?
Youthful exuberance.

From By The Way Sunday

By the way...
What was your very first paying job?
With the sate taking inventory of state owned equipment in high schools trough out the state.

Did you have a job that you just dreaded going to every day?
Yeah, the job I now have.

What was your favorite job and why did you like it?
The job I now have five years ago, before we got bought out. Back then I was a hands on supervisor, I helped my technicians if they had a problem, now all I do is paperwork.

If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?
A job where I can be helping people.


Friday Fiver

1. When is the last time you dressed inappropriately for a situation?
At a fundraiser, I was in a dress and everyone else was in jeans.

2. How many friends do you have?
Closes friends, two. Friends you like to hang out with, about eight.

3. Are you running on time today?
Since its Sunday, the question does not apply.

4. Do you use bleach on your laundry?
No, I am too afraid that I would use too much.

5. What are your thoughts on guns?
I do not mind people owning them, but I feel they have to be responsible for them. That they need to be licensed and trained to handle them properly. That if they are stolen that they have to report them stolen, if not then they could be held responsible for what happens.

From Belicove blog

FOUR FOR FRIDAY
Q1 - Politics: A recent poll conducted by CNN revealed that Republicans favor former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani for the GOP presidential nomination in 2008, while Democrats are looking toward U.S. Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton as their nominee. Looking ahead to 2008, do you feel you will pleased or disappointed with the person elected President of the United States?

I really don’t like either of those choices, if I had to pick one it would be Clinton. I did like what Giuliani did while mayor of New York.

Q2 - High School: Who were you in high school: a jock, prep, dork, geek, motor head, nerd, druggie, punk, straightedge, brainiac, suck-up, a/v cart pusher, teacher's pet, slacker, club member, etc.?
I would say I was first a geek, then nerd and club member (Science Club of course.).

Q3 - Roadside Attraction: If you were given free reign to create a roadside attraction, what would you create?
A homemade ice cream stand, but I would really have to watch out that I don’t eat up too much of the profits.

Q4 - 9/11: Do you agree with the oft-repeated line that "9/11 changed everything"?
Yes. We always knew that terrorists were targeting our country and the only thing that changed was that we woke up. Now we are going overboard with cutting back our freedom in the name of safety, which is impossible to have anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment