Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Fantasia Fair

I made reservation at the Carpe Diem Bed and Breakfast where I will be staying for Fantasia Fair. Fantasia Fair is a week long Transgender Conference in Province town, it is the only conference like it on the East Coast and has been around since 1975. It is part conference and part Party and all the other conferences, except one, are in hotels and only last a few days. Fantasia Fair on the other hand last a whole week and is spread out over the whole of Provincetown.
In October, Provincetown has men’s week, women’s week, trans week and than leather week. I usually go up at the end of women’s week because a lot of the bars are still open and close down once women’s week is over ( There are, I would guess, 200 or 300 lesbians in town vs. only 100 -150 trans ), so P’town is really hopping when I first get up there and then it quiets down with only the Vixen, the Crown and Anchor and the A House staying open.

No comments:

Post a Comment